Monday, July 25, 2011

"This"

The first time I visited Trevor in Washington, we bought the new Darius Rucker CD before driving up to Canada for the day.  The first song on the album that came on was called "This."  I vividly remember the moment we heard this song together in his truck. As we listened to the lyrics, I looked over at him with tears of joy rolling down my face, and he smiled back with the happiest smile I have ever seen!  It's crazy to think how a song can be so significant and fitting for the moment:

For every stoplight I didn't make
Every chance I did or I didn't take
All the nights I went too far
All the girls that broke my heart
All the doors that I had to close
All the things I knew but I didn't know
Thank God for all I missed
Cause it led me here to
This

"This" is one of those songs that expresses how thankful Trevor and I are for our path's crossing a year ago, and is still one of those songs that bring us back to basics in our relationship.  It seems to come on whenever we are in the car together; and when it does, Trevor and I crank up the volume and sing!  We also joke about the song because of it's title... try describing to someone that you like "This" (Talk about confusing, right?).

Darius Rucker songs were played throughout our wedding, in fact, our first dance was to another one of his songs, "History in the Making."  Darius Rucker is a romantic song writer and his albums are based on love and how much fun it is to be in love with someone.  I am so thankful to be in love with someone who makes it fun to be in love, everyday.



For date night this week, Trevor and I are going to his concert, and it couldn't be a more fitting date for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment