Saturday, July 16, 2011

Change

For those who know me well, you know I don't do well with change.  What can I say, I'm a control freak and Kristen+Change= Uh-Oh.  This past week has been filled with lots of emotional highs and lows and I am so thankful that Trevor has EXTREME patience and love for me. 

For starters, I have been applying to several jobs up here ranging from retail to hotel sales.  This past week I had an interview with a hotel in Seattle to work temporarily while their catering manager is coping with some health issues.  I initially thought it was a God-send opportunity; giving me the chance to work while still looking for the perfect job.  Unfortunately, working for Kimpton Hotels has spoiled my taste in what it means to be a boutique hotel.  This hotel I interviewed for was not something I would consider boutique, more like antique, which would make it really hard to put on a passionate face to sell their event space.  Upon leaving the interview, I was disappointed.

I'm trying really hard to work any network I might have up here, and I am thankful to be meeting more and more people who know people up here as well.  I truly know that I will find the perfect job soon, I just need to stay optimistic and focused.  I'm only two weeks into serious job hunting... :-)

Aside from jobs, feeling disconnected from friends and family has been hard this week.  I'm very thankful for the life Trevor and I are starting up here, but at the same time, we need friends.  The instant change from seeing your friends 5 times a week to not at all has been difficult coping with.  I know that with us finding a church home and getting involved will help us make new friends. We are trying a new church tomorrow called Mars Hill Church (http://www.marshill.com/) and we are prayerful this church will be the one!  We are also making a trip to El Dorado Hills in August where we will see both of our families; we can't wait!

I am seriously so thankful for my husband and the love and patience he has for me.  Trevor does VERY well with change and is helping me roll with the punches instead of trying to control everything.  It's GOOD FOR ME.  He always knows how to brighten my day, whether it's a random comment that makes me laugh, offering to play Skip-Bo (even though I win every time), surprising me with flowers, and still wanting to take me on dates.

Happiness is in our life, there are just some missing pieces that will come with time.  I just need to keep telling myself that God already has our future all planned out for us... All we have to do is simply wait for His timing to bring it to us.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5  

No comments:

Post a Comment