Thursday, November 1, 2012

Recent Happenings

By golly, has it really been 2 full months since I last blogged?  Crazy how time flies by when you're having fun!

Here are some of the most recent happenings in our life since I last posted the Gangnam Style video:

1.  Gangnam Style by PSY is now #2 on the Billboards and much overplayed.

2.  I had my 90 day review at Hotel Palomar and didn't get any recognition or support I deserve, so I began to pray and continue to work harder and longer hours at my job.

3.  God was faithful and I was offered a paid, full time opportunity to join the staff at Newbreak Church as the Guest Relations Director! Being in full time ministry is the most rewarding, challenging, and fun job I have ever had.  As the Guest Relations Director, my primary role is to assimilate guests into our church and community.  I also oversee 300+ hospitality team members between our 6 campuses, improve the guest experience, and lead people to know the love of Jesus.  Since going into full time ministry, I have been able to focus more on my faith, marriage, friendships, and future of my family.  

4.  Trevor and I had a nice little road trip to my parent's house for Labor Day weekend.  It really is the best end of summer trip!



5.  Brody officially forgot that he was potty trained... we're working on it, again.



6.  My best friend had her little girl, Emery! Such a joy and I can't wait to meet the little pumpkin!



7. Trevor and I challenged ourself to a 2 day, 100 mile bike ride for the MS Society from Irvine to San Diego!  With the lack of training, we weren't sure how the ride was going to be for us, but we killed it!  We had the best time and made an amazing team.  The first day was 60 miles and the second was 40 miles.  For me, this was the first time I ever signed up for a physical challenge and actually crossed the finish line! I can really thank Trevor for staying with me and being my cheerleader the entire ride. We are already looking forward to another ride in April!  I can proudly say that I feel accomplished!



8.  Trevor and I have decided we are ready to be parents in God's perfect timing.

9. We went APPLE PICKING! I have never been before and the Stevenson's treated us to a fun day of apple picking and touring Julian.  



10.  I became a host home for a women's Life Group at my church.  We meet Tuesday nights and are going through the book, "The Power of a Praying Wife."  There is something about being around other married women and talking about how we can be Godly wives that is just so cool! 

11.  Our friend network is growing!  Between our neighbors, friends in new relationships, and people we are meeting at church, we have been keeping a busy social calendar!  This week alone, we have 2 birthday parties, a baby shower, and friends visiting from out of state!  



This is what life is all about, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment