Monday, November 12, 2012

30 DoT: Day 11

Yesterday, I was at church from 7:30am to 7:00pm working at all of our services.  Normally, these days feel long, but something happened that made me realize how thankful I am to be serving in a ministry for my job, rather than having a career.

My Service Lead for the 10:45am service pulled together the hospitality team and shared his story with us yesterday.  He serves on hospitality in memory of his wife who passed away nearly 3 years ago and he wears a pin to honor her and has continued serving in hospitality because of her legacy.  At that moment, it clicked with me, I am not merely just "working;" I am in full time ministry and serving with people with big hearts.  I am serving with people who want to honor God by showing love to every person who walks through our church's doors.  I am privileged to have amazing Team Leads and Service Leads who can direct their hospitality teams and lead them to know Jesus.  I love that I get to serve with 50+ people on a given weekend who are all becoming my friends and implementing the vision we have for the guest experience at Newbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment