Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day

Today is my first official SNOW DAY!  Growing up, I remember watching movies and being jealous of the kids who got snow days and praying that that would happen to me someday!   Well, today my prayers came true! I finally got my SNOW DAY! Yup, my work declared it a Snow Day and our offices are closed (along with the rest of Western Washington)!

Rumor has it, this is the worst snowstorm Western Washington has seen in over 4 decades and though the snow came late this winter, it has definitely arrived!  The storm isn't even half way through its course yet, and we've already received over 8 inches...



When it snows here, everyone highly suggests that you don't go anywhere because of the road conditions. Well, being that my car is buried, I really can't go anywhere anyways... And, if I even WANTED to go out and about today, I would be sliding all over the place.  You see, Washington gets snow every year, but they are only really equipped with enough staff and equipment for the main roads.  Therefore, ALL of the side roads are packed snow and cars go on nice little twirls if the driver dares to go out for a drive.

Brody is like a little kid when it comes to the snow... I introduced him to it this morning and oh my goodness, is he cute! He leaps, pounces, and runs around in the snow, and also enjoys eating it! We have already gone outside a few times to play, and he keeps insisting we go back out and get all crazy in the snow.  He cracks me up!


I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be another snow day.  I love being all warm and cozy inside my home on cold winter days! It's like I'm on vacation up in the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment