Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

I feel like my life in 2011 has been a lot like this Dr. Seuss book.  2011 was quite the monumental year for me with non-stop changes, hardships, blessings, and excitement. This entry gives you a snapshot of my life this past year...

Love...
Trevor and I continued our long-distance relationship into the new year.  We managed to see one another every other weekend, thanks to Southwest Airlines! We are so thankful for our friend's and family's support of our relationship and helping us see each other as often as we did.

Ocotillo Wells, CA
Mt. Rainier, WA
San Diego, CA
El Dorado Hills, CA
Celebrations...
Spring was filled with engagement parties and wedding planning! Our lives, along with our family's lives were consumed with wedding planning and crafts during our 6 month engagement.

Bridal Shower in El Dorado Hills, CA
Wedding Shower in San Diego, CA
Bachelorette Party in Palm Springs, CA

Health...
Two weeks before our wedding, I went to the dermatologist for a routine check up and had a suspicious mole removed.  The doctor informed me that the skin removed was malignant melanoma and I had to have more layers of tissue removed from the surrounding area to make sure that there isn't any more cancer.  This was a very frightening thing to go through by myself.  Trevor was in Seattle and my parents were in Sacramento.  I had to put on my big girl pants and be brave throughout the coping and stress of knowing I have skin cancer.  Thankfully, my mother-in-law was a tremendous support system to me, and I am so grateful to have had her by my side throughout surgery.  Nine stitches later, I was cancer free and my lifestyle of tanning and playing in the sunshine has changed forever.
An 8mm mole turned into a 2 inch scar...
Wedding...
June 11, 2011 marked the most special, beautiful, and significant day of my life.  I married my prince charming, man of my dreams, my better half, my best friend-- Trevor Stevenson.  We were married at a beautiful estate in San Diego and celebrated with 140 of our closest family and friends. The night couldn't have been more perfect!

 


After the wedding, we went on our honeymoon to Maui! There, we were able to let our brains rest from all of the wedding planning and relax for the big move to come.  It was so much fun experiencing the island with Trevor; from road trips, hikes, zip-lining, and snorkeling, it was a great vacation!

 

Washington...
The day after we returned from our honeymoon, we were on the road to Washington.  Since Trevor's job is located in Washington, we were on our way to begin our new life in a new state together.  Life up here has been an adjustment, but we are slowly starting to settle into a groove. Shortly after moving, we got a puppy and named him Brody.  He's pretty dang cute! I also started a new job in the hospitality industry as a Convention Sales Manager, bringing convention business to Bellevue.  Though we miss family and friends, life in Washington is good.
New Home
Brody!
Zac Brown Band Concert @ The Gorge
4th of July in Tacoma
Seattle Gum Wall
Hiking Wallace Falls
Pumpkin Patch
Our Family
Friends...
Every year it seems that my friendships either get closer or more distant.  This year was very eye-opening to me regarding friends and who appreciate my friendship as much as I appreciate theirs.  Throughout the engagement, the wedding, the move, and the life changes, I have discovered who my true friends are, and have learned to weed out the ones who do not reciprocate the effort.  It is very liberating to have found true gems that will stick by you throughout all of the waves of life and who I can rely on at the drop of a dime.  I am so grateful and blessed to have the friends I do today.



Travels...
Since living up here, we have been able to go home to see our family and friends!  For Thanksgiving we visited my hometown, El Dorado Hills, where both our families enjoyed a wonderful week together.  The following weekend we visited San Diego to see all of our friends and catch some sunshine! Our hearts are truly with our family and friends, and both of these trips was the best way for us to end our BIG year. 

Thanksgiving with our Families




San Diego, Like Old Times!


Miss my girls! (You too, Nicole & Tarah!)
2012...
What's in store for us in 2012? For starters, we have finally found a "home" church up here.  We are very excited to be involved in a church community and get to know more people.  Trevor and I are also very prayerful that we have direction on what's next in our life; where we will live, work, and family choices.  We want to be closer to family and friends before we truly decide to "settle down."  Babies might be on the agenda for 2012, but again, this is something we are praying about and it all depends on God's perfect timing.  God has kept his promises for us so far, so we all we need to do is continue trusting in him and listening to his guidance.  We look forward to another amazing year.  Cheers to 2012!

2 comments:

  1. So fun to find your blog! Glad to hear everythings great with you. Welcome to married life and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) great year boo! 2012 here we go!!

    ReplyDelete